A filmmaker and screenwriter reveal how to make a movie on a microbudget.
The indie film market has been growing by leaps and bounds, and filmmaker Rickey Bird and screenwriter/novelist Al Guevara are on a mission to help indie moviemakers everywhere.
Bird and Guevara show aspiring filmmakers how to overcome common movie and video production problems, from not having enough money for crews to trying to get the attention of an indie studio. With DIY tricks and skillful corner-cutting, they've completed numerous projects and been featured in major American film festivals, and in this book they share their insider knowledge, revealing:
· How planning and shooting a short film today can lead to a feature-length project tomorrow
· Everything you need to know about writing a movie project on a burger budget
· Tips on how to find locations and not get arrested
· Shooting tips galore for building exciting scenes
· Sound and film editing tips and all kinds of special effects wizardry, including puppetry
· Screenings, promotions, and juicy tips on film festival strategy