Finally, the world's greatest writer receives the scholarly Delphi treatment. This incredible eBook offers every Shakespearean play, poem, apocryphal work and much, much more! Now you can truly own all of Shakespeare's works and a wealth of BONUS material on your eReader, and all in ONE well-organised file. (Version 6)
* concise introductions to the plays and other works
* images of how the plays first appeared in print, giving your eReader a taste of the Elizabethan texts
* ALL 38 plays and each with their own contents table navigate easily between acts and scenes find that special quotation quickly!
* even includes 17 apocryphal plays available nowhere else
* contains a special LOST PLAYS section, with concise information on Shakespeare's lost works
* includes the special bonus play of DOUBLE FALSEHOOD
* ALL the sonnets and other poetry, with excellent formatting, in their own special contents table find that special sonnet quickly and easily!
* packed full of hundreds of beautiful images relating to Shakespeare's life, locations and works
* EVEN includes a special SOURCES section spend hours discovering rare medieval texts that shaped Shakespeare's greatest works.
* INCLUDES no less than 5 biographies explore the bard's mysterious life from multiple sources across history
* the SPECIAL literary criticism section boasts 11 works by writers as varied as Samuel Johnson, Coleridge, Pope, Bernard Shaw and Tolstoy
* scholarly ordering of texts into chronological order and literary genres
* includes a special `Glossary of Elizabethan Language', which will aid your comprehension of difficult words and phrases
* UPDATED with line numbers to all 38 plays, in response to customers' requests
* UPDATED with a special Quotations section, with hundreds of famous quotations from the plays and poetry
This eBook is quite simply stunning and deserves a place in the digital library of all lovers of literature.
ALL 38 PLAYS
The Lost Plays
LOVE'S LABOUR'S WON
LIST OF THE PLAYS' SOURCES
The Apocryphal Plays
ARDEN OF FAVERSHAM
THE BIRTH OF MERLIN
KING EDWARD III
THE LONDON PRODIGAL
THE SECOND MAIDEN'S TRAGEDY
SIR JOHN OLDCASTLE
THOMAS LORD CROMWELL
A YORKSHIRE TRAGEDY
SIR THOMAS MORE
THE MERRY DEVIL OF EDMONTON
THOMAS OF WOODSTOCK
VORTIGERN AND ROWENA
TALES FROM SHAKESPEARE BY CHARLES AND MARY LAMB
VENUS AND ADONIS
THE RAPE OF LUCRECE
THE PASSIONATE PILGRIM
THE PHOENIX AND THE TURTLE
A LOVER'S COMPLAINT
The Apocryphal Poetry
TO THE QUEEN
A FUNERAL ELEGY FOR MASTER WILLIAM PETER
SONNETS TO SUNDRY NOTES OF MUSIC
PREFACE TO SHAKESPEARE AND NOTES ON PLAY BY SAMUEL JOHNSON
NOTES TO COMEDIES BY SAMUEL JOHNSON
A STUDY OF SHAKESPEARE BY ALGERNON CHARLES SWINBURNE
and many more!
SHAKESPEARE: HIS LIFE, ART, AND CHARACTERS BY HENRY NORMAN HUDSON
and many more!
Shakespeare's Last Will and Testament
Glossary of Elizabethan Language
Please visit www.delphiclassics.com to browse through our range of exciting titles or to purchase this eBook as a Parts Edition of individual eBooks
Scrivi una recensione per "Complete Works of William Shakespeare (Delphi Classics)"