Exam board: SQA
Subject: Computing Science
First teaching: September 2018
First exams: Summer 2019
Trust highly experienced teachers and authors Jane Paterson and John Walsh to guide you through the latest SQA Higher Computing Science specification (for examination from 2019 onwards).
This is the most comprehensive resource available for this course, brought to you by Scotland's No. 1 textbook publisher.
- Gain in-depth knowledge of the four areas of study (Software Design and Development, Database Design and Development, Web Design and Development, Computer Systems) with clear explanations of every concept and topic
- Understand advanced concepts and processes as numerous examples throughout the book show the theory in action
- Build the skills of analysis, design, implementation, testing and evaluation that are required for success in both the exam and the assignment
- Apply the knowledge and skills developed through the course to a variety of practical tasks and end-of-chapter 'check your learning' questions
- Use computing terminology confidently and accurately by consulting a detailed glossary of all key terms and acronyms