World-renowned 'tell it like it is' guidebook available
Discover Cuba with this comprehensive, entertaining, 'tell it like it is' Rough Guide, packed with comprehensive practical information and our experts' honest and independent recommendations.
Whether you plan to visit Havana, drive in an old American car along the Malécon, visit a tobacco plantation or loll on a white-sand beach,The Rough Guide to Cuba will help you discover the best places to explore, sleep, eat, drink and shop along the way.
Features of The Rough Guide to Cuba:
- Detailed regional coverage: provides in-depth practical information for each step of all kinds of trip, from intrepid off-the-beaten-track adventures, to chilled-out breaks in popular tourist areas. Regions covered include: Havana; Cienguegos and Villa Clara; Trinidad; and Sancti Spíritus and Santiago de Cuba and Granma.
- Honest independent reviews: written with Rough Guides' trademark blend of humour, honesty and expertise, and recommendations you can truly trust, our writers will help you get the most from your trip to Cuba.
- Meticulous mapping: always full-colour, with clearly numbered, colour-coded keys. Find your way around Havana, Trinidad and Santiago de Cuba, and many more locations without needing to get online.
- Fabulous full-colour photography: features a richness of inspirational colour photography
- Things not to miss: Rough Guides' rundown of Artemisa and Pinar del Río, Northern Oriente and Isla de la Juventud's best sights and top experiences.
- Itineraries:carefully planned routes will help you organise your trip, and inspire and inform your on-the-road experiences.
- Basics section: packed with essential pre-departure information including getting there, getting around, accommodation, food and drink, health, the media, festivals, sports and outdoor activities, culture and etiquette, shopping and more.
- Background information: comprehensive Contexts chapter provides fascinating insights into Cuba, with coverage of history, religion, ethnic groups, environment, wildlife and books, plus a handy language section and glossary.
- Covers: Havana; Artemisa and Pinar del Río; Varadero, Matanzas and Mayabeque; Cienfuegos and Villa Clara; Trinidad and Sancti Spíritus; Ciego de Ávila and Camagüey; Northern Oriente; Santiago de Cuba and Granma; Islae de la Juventud and Cayo Largo
About Rough Guides: Rough Guides have been inspiring travellers for over 35 years, with over 30 million copies sold globally. Synonymous with practical travel tips, quality writing and a trustworthy 'tell it like it is' ethos, the Rough Guides list includes more than 260 travel guides to 120+ destinations, gift-books and phrasebooks.