World-renowned 'tell it like it is' guidebook
Discover Cyprus with this comprehensive, entertaining, 'tell it like it is' Rough Guide, packed with comprehensive practical information and our experts' honest and independent recommendations.
Whether you plan to explore picturesque villages, discover on spectacular ruins, hike in the Troodos Massif or just laze on a pristine beach, The Rough Guide to Cypruswill help you discover the best places to explore, sleep, eat, drink and shop along the way.
Features of ***The Rough Guide to***Cyprus:
- Detailed regional coverage: provides in-depth practical information for each step of all kinds of trip, from intrepid off-the-beaten-track adventures, to chilled-out breaks in popular tourist areas. Regions covered include: Larnaka, Pafos, Lefkosia and North Cyprus.
- Honest independent reviews: written with Rough Guides' trademark blend of humour, honesty and expertise, and recommendations you can truly trust, our writers will help you get the most from your trip to Cyprus.
- Meticulous mapping: always full-colour, with clearly numbered, colour-coded keys. Find your way around Lemesos, Pafos and many more locations without needing to get online.
- Fabulous full-colour photography: features a richness of inspirational colour photography, including idyllic images of Cyprus's stunning beaches and jaw-dropping views of the ruins of ancient Salamis.
- Things not to miss: Rough Guides' rundown of the Karpaz Peninsula, Troodos, Girne and Lemesos's best sights and top experiences.
- Itineraries: carefully planned routes will help you organise your trip, and inspire and inform your on-the-road experiences.
- Basics section: packed withessential pre-departure information including getting there, getting around, accommodation, food and drink, health, the media, festivals, sports and outdoor activities, culture and etiquette, shopping and more.
- Background information: comprehensiveContexts chapter provides fascinating insights into Cyprus, with coverage of history, religion, ethnic groups, environment, wildlife and books, plus a handy language section and glossary.
- Covers: Larnaka and around, Lemesos and around, Pafos and aroun, the Troodos Mountains, Lefkosia and North Cyprus.
About Rough Guides: Rough Guides have been inspiring travellers for over 35 years, with over 30 million copies sold globally. Synonymous with practical travel tips, quality writing and a trustworthy 'tell it like it is' ethos, the Rough Guides list includes more than 260 travel guides to 120+ destinations, gift-books and phrasebooks.