World-renowned 'tell it like it is' guidebook
Discover Dubai with this comprehensive, entertaining, 'tell it like it is' Rough Guide, packed with comprehensive practical information and our experts' honest and independent recommendations.
Whether you plan to go shopping, discover sand-skiing, laze on beaches or visit interesting museums, The Rough Guide to Dubai will help you discover the best places to explore, sleep, eat, drink and shop along the way.
Features of The Rough Guide to Dubai:
- Detailed regional coverage: provides in-depth practical information for each step of all kinds of trip, from intrepid off-the-beaten-track adventures, to chilled-out breaks in popular tourist areas. Regions covered include: Bur Dubai, Deira, the inner suburbs, Sheikh Zayed Road and Downtown Dubai, Jumeirah, the Burj al Arab and around, the Palm Jumeirah and Dubai Marina.
- Honest independent reviews: written with Rough Guides' trademark blend of humour, honesty and expertise, and recommendations you can truly trust, our writers will help you get the most from your trip to Dubai.
- Meticulous mapping: always full-colour, with clearly numbered, colour-coded keys. Find your way around Deira, Jumeirah and many more locations without needing to get online.
- Fabulous full-colour photography: features a richness of inspirational colour photography, including the dazzling Deira souks and the colourful Dubai Aquarium.
- Things not to miss: Rough Guides' rundown of Al Ain Oasis, the Burj al Arab, Deira and Jumeirah's best sights and top experiences.
- Itineraries: carefully planned routes will help you organise your trip, and inspire and inform your on-the-road experiences.
- Basics section: packed with essential pre-departure information including getting there, getting around, accommodation, food and drink, health, the media, festivals, sports and outdoor activities, culture and etiquette, shopping and more.
- Background information: comprehensive Contexts chapter provides fascinating insights into Dubai, with coverage of history, religion, ethnic groups, environment, wildlife and books, plus a handy language section and glossary.
- Covers: Bur Dubai, Deira, the inner suburbs, Sheikh Zayed Road and Downtown Dubai, Jumeirah, the Burj al Arab and around, the Palm Jumeirah and Dubai Marina.
About Rough Guides: Rough Guides have been inspiring travellers for over 35 years, with over 30 million copies sold globally. Synonymous with practical travel tips, quality writing and a trustworthy 'tell it like it is' ethos, the Rough Guides list includes more than 260 travel guides to 120+ destinations, gift-books and phrasebooks.