If there's one exercise style that has taken the fitness world by storm in the last few years it's pilates. Everyone is doing it - from dancers to footballers - and the benefits are said to be as much mental as they are physical.
Pilates is a physical fitness system developed in the early 20th century by Joseph Pilates in Germany. As of last year there are 11 million people who practice the discipline regularly and 14,000 instructors in the United States only.
Pilates called his method Contrology, because he believed his method uses the mind to control the muscles. The program focuses on the core postural muscles which help keep the body balanced and which are essential to providing support for the spine. In particular, Pilates exercises teach awareness of breath and alignment of the spine, and aim to strengthen the deep torso muscles.
Pilates encourages you to think about how you perform everyday movements. It heightens your body awareness which in turn improves your overall agility, flexibility and strength. It helps you ensure your body is working at its optimal level all the time.
What are the benefits: Muscle tone, increased strength and flexibility and improved overall mobility and precision at which you move. It's perfect for people who like a meditative element in their exercise regimes.
This book covers 220 Pilates Experts' insights and advice on How to do Pilates Correctly:
- Fat Burning Workouts - Learn How Pilates Can Assure Quick Weight Loss
- Pilates and Back Pain - Common Pilates Injuries and how to Avoid them
- Pilates Ball Exercises - Tips on Incorporating Them Into Your Routine
- Pilates Home Equipment - What You Need to Get Organised and How
- Pilates Workout - Check the Levels and the Sample of Exercises
- Pilates vs Yoga - What Makes Them Different Makes Them Unique
- How To Design Your Own Pilates Routine In A Few Easy Steps
- 6 Pilates Exercise Tips - Lose Weight And Improve Fitness
- Pilates Fitness Training - A Whole New World of Exercise
- Pilates Abs Workout - The Fastest Way to Have Great Abs
- Back Pain - Create Your Own Ergonomic Furniture Using $15 and Pilates
And Much More...
Scrivi una recensione per "The Truth About Pilates - How to do Pilates Correctly, The Facts You Should Know"