The Vampyre is a short work of prose fiction written in 1819 by John William Polidori. The work is often viewed as the original romantic vampire genre of fantasy fiction.
The story was an immediate popular success, partly because of the Byron acknowledgment and because it introduced gothic horror to the public. Polidori transformed the vampire from a character in folklore into the form that is recognized today - an aristocratic fiend who preys among high society.
Highlights of this edition are:
* 12 illustrations and photos.
* A free web link to the full-length audio recording of the book - to either listen to online, or download. (The audio link only works on the Kobo's Android and iOS apps).
* It is formatted for ease of use and enjoyment on your kobo reader.
* An active (easy to use) Table of Contents listing every chapter accessible from the kobo menu.
* Plus, about the Author section.
* 81 pages (in the kobo format) for a very low price.
This book is unabridged and appears as it was first intended. First published in 1819.
Scrivi una recensione per "The Vampyre: With 12 Illustrations and a Free Audio Link."